Starting an online business is the best option to earn money from home..
“A government employee …? What a lucky man, stable salary and a wide margin of freedom…”
I introduce you to the most stereotypical sentence I have ever heard in my life. Unfortunately, many people still use this kind of argument simply because they can’t adjust to the technological development we are witnessing over the years. So, they end up either enduring a shitty job with a limited benefit or kicked out after being replaced by a machine. For that, starting your online business is the solution! All you need is good guidance, and fortunately, I’m here to be so by giving you this checklist:
1) Identify innovative business ideas :
Before you start thinking about details, you should look for issues that concern your local community, you can establish a small diagnosis for your environment to make things easier or a whole market research that can help you figure out your strengths , weaknesses opportunities and threats (SWOT). Also, personal observation is very important to know your targeted market that’s why you should always be noticed about trends including the most popular fields such as:
– Blogging: You can start a blog on WordPress, wix blogger or any other free website creator.. and then monetize it, but you need to create content constantly if you want to collect profits on the long term
PS: it’s better if you use programming languages to create your own site and to create your content creation strategy before launching your blog
– Affiliate marketing: “process of earning a commission by promoting somebody else’s product.”( eBooks, membership sites, video series ect)
– Establishing an Ecommerce site: same purpose as affiliate marketing but you’ll have to compete with the best.
– Self-publishing books on amazon: if you can manage a few hundred sales,
amazon will do the rest and promote it for you
– Creating a digital product or course: then monetizing it
– App developing ( creating mobile apps)
The list goes on and on so if you’re still hesitating visit this website :
https://websitesetup.org/online-business-ideas/ and I’m sure you’ll find your passion as soon as you see it.
2) Identify the Quality:
Your services/products should adjust to certain specifications defined by experts; that will be an easy step if you build a quality management system in which you assure the well purchase of the process.
You should always ask yourself if your customer would appreciate it or not. If not you should know why and how to fix it, if yes you should look for ways to upgrade it.
3) Identify the Price point:
In case you’re creating your own products you should follow this rule to know you ideal price
Retail Price = [(Cost of item) ÷ (100 – markup percentage)] x 100
PS: Markup (or price spread) is the difference between the selling price of a good or service and cost
If you’re selling services you should study your competitors and know their price points to decide your own.
4) Identify the time:
To maintain a properly built website you should dedicate time to review and update it (movement, products placement, design…). Thus, to do so (especially for those who are struggling with time) you should draw a timeline that indicates your chores and responsibilities, and to invest as much as you can in automating your system so you can build a process that runs without you.
5) Generate traffic to your website:
Traffic to your website helps to improve your rank which in turn generates more traffic ,as a result, you may use these channels to increase it:
– Online directory listing
– On-page SEO
– Off-page SEO
– Social media
– Online ads
In addition, If you want to stick to the free services you can follow these ways
– Create a Free Google My Business Listing: go to www.google.com/business
– Perform On-Page SEO: producing high-quality content that your audience is searching for, and writing concise meta descriptions for your pages.
(The meta description appears below your URL in search results)
6) Review and follow your statistics:
Statistics makes you determine the gap between the predicted and the current situation so that you can imply the changes required to reduce the gap.
To sum up, starting an online business is neither hard nor easy. What you need most is determination and the will to take the right decisions in the right time, if you do so success will be your alley.
To know more about how to start your online business read this article on our website :