Ever heard of a lifetime experience? , an opportunity to win 1 million $ while serving a good cause? Then you never heard of the Hult Prize, also known as “Nobel Prize for students”.
Hult Prize is the challenge where +500 campuses around the globe focus on launching a business while creating an impactful effect on society. It is the world’s biggest, most prominent and financially rewarding social innovation for the launch of for-good and for-profit startups emerging from universities across the globe.
Every year, the Hult Prize team issues a challenge which is broadcasted widely through its network of Campus Directors to Universities in over 120 countries. The program allows students to compete around the world, leading to more ideas and ultimately more start-ups, each poised for radical impact. The winners of the Hult Prize Global Finals receive $1,000,000 in start-up capital.
With a decade of impact, the Hult Prize has helped launch startups that actively solve UN Sustainable Development Goals. Previous Hult Prize challenges include:
● Global Food Crisis
● Refugee Crisis,
● Harnessing the Power of Energy
● Healthcare, and Education
The 2022 Hult Prize Call to Action is about creating meaningful work opportunities: building a business that will employ at least 2,000 people by 2024.
Hult Prize In Tunis Business School
The Hult Prize movement was brought to Tunisia, 8 years ago. It started in 2014 in Tunis Business School as the first on Campus event to be held in Tunisia.
In 2017, among 500+ universities, the Hult Prize at Tunis Business School was ranked the Top 1 on Campus Program in the world! The year after, 6 teams of Tunis Business School had the chance to represent Tunisia in the Regional Summits happening in 6 different countries around the world.
” It’s not everyday that you have an opportunity to change the world. It is time that you
seize this chance to represent our university and represent all of us at the upcoming Hult
Prize Regional Summit. This is our chance to show the world that our institution is
dedicated to Impact.”
-Aziz bouchrit : Hult prize TBS campus director
When and How?
Four Steps towards the $1M:
- 1. The Oncampus Program: Groups of three or four students will work together to find a business idea to solve this year’s Call to Action. Through pieces of training, impact focused programs, and events offered by the Campus Director and the Organizing Committee, teams will be able to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges who will select the winner from TBS campus on the 12th of March 2022.
- 2. The Regional Summit: every winning team from the Oncampus Programs will be competing at one of the Hult Prize Regional Summits around the world in a specific region.
- 3. Global Accelerator: Following the Regional Summits, one winning team from each host city will be invited to the Hult Prize Global Accelerator. Advice, resources, network and strategic planning will be provided to Accelerator participants. Each team will pitch to a panel of judges at the end of the accelerator, who will decide which teams will showcase their business at the Global Finals.
- 4. The Global finalists: The 6 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges in which only one team will be selected to win the $1,000,000.
writer : Roua El AISSI